Monday, September 24, 2012
... to move forward in FAITH and live, or to not move at all, and be left paralyzed by fear? What would you choose?
What I'm about to share with you is a short excerpt taken from my chapter in a new, much anticipated, collaborative business book scheduled for launch around the corner... Stay tuned for announcements ahead...
In the interim, however ... Why share this excerpt?
September 23, 2004
September 23, 2004 is forever etched in my heart, mind, soul, and Spirit as God's Miracle for this day, that particular moment, not only defied all logic and science, but more importantly... served and continues to serve its undeniable purpose to HIS glory! Today I AM ALIVE, a walking testament that practicing FAITH is real, and produces results far beyond anything the human mind alone can ever conceive, much less comprehend... no matter how brilliant.
On this night, right after I produced a LIVE radio program with noted guest professionals, I was driving back to Los Angeles from San Diego. It was only 45 minutes into my drive, when suddenly, an animal ran onto and across the freeway. I immediately slammed on the brakes, which led to my car spinning out of control in the middle of the freeway, flying through the rails, to the other side of the median. Thankfully, at that moment, the highway was pretty clear, no one was injured, and there was no collision with any vehicle. Dad (God) in Heaven was definitely watching over all the drivers and me on the freeway.
Of course, I could have avoided this predicament had I simply hit the animal and kept on going. Instead, I chose to swerve and miss it. Was this an unwise choice on my part? Absolutely, without a doubt! However, as we all know, much easier said than done!
The reality is... when you actually face that kind of an emergency, it’s amazing what you end up finding yourself doing contrary to what you know is best. One truly never knows until in that given instance what he or she is going to do … and such was definitely my experience.
Fast Forwarding ...
In the officer’s words: “I just can’t believe you are standing there without a scratch on you, and ALIVE. Not 10 minutes from here, there was another car crash, but nothing like what’s happened to you. I had to call the ambulance because the guy was in bad shape. Your car is completely crunched, tires and parts scattered a mile away, car in smokes, windows smashed into a million pieces, and not a scratch on you. How did you manage to get out of the vehicle? It’s virtually impossible! Can’t even open the doors! You are a walking miracle! ... If I didn’t see this with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed it!”
Yesterday, marked my 8 year anniversary of celebrating LIFE since this horrific incident. The picture you see above... (pausing for a moment)... I kept this one picture in one of my old hard drives, saved under a name completely unrelated, and locked away in a storage. This year, I decided I was going to dig up this picture, look straight into its eye, and share it publicly for the first time. WHY?
Imagine for one second, where what you are experiencing truly feels like you’re having your last gulp of air on earth. In that very instant when about to enter the jaws of death, you choose to take action with Faith, while believing you’ve already received the impossible – life!
Dear friends, such was my personal and Spiritual experience; I am here to communicate with you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my physical existence today is tangible proof that practicing Faith is real (details written in my chapter), both in business and in life!
“Who is of so little Faith that in a moment of great disaster or heartbreak has not called to his God? Confront another with dark horror and his mouth will say, ‘My God’ … My life need not be filled with religion in order for me to recognize this greatest mystery of nature.” ~Og Mandino, Best Selling Author, The Greatest Salesman in the World
Are you a Walking Miracle Amongst us?
Celebrate the Gift of Life Because You Can! Please share your miracle in the comments section below, for what you tangibly communicate here in writing, will uplift, empower, inspire and even help save a life.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
May you find these select 20 quotes on PERSEVERANCE purposeful and empowering, adding productive value in your lives, both personally and professionally!
Once you’ve had an opportunity to read through all 20 quotes, please take a moment to share your thoughts (in the comments section) to the question posted at the end of this article. Thank You...
1. “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” ~Jacob A. Riis
2. "How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success?" ~Elbert Hubbard
3. “The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.” ~Thomas A. Edison
4. "Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right." ~Walt Disney
5. "KEEP ON GOING, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down." ~Charles Kettering
6. "Patience and PERSEVERANCE have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~John Quincy Adams
7. "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." ~Samuel Johnson
8. "Peak performers want more than merely to win the next game. They see all the way to the championship. They have a long-range goal that inspires commitment and action." ~Charles Garfield
9. "PERSEVERANCE is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~Newt Gingrich
10. "Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." ~Georges-Louis Leclerc
11. "Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." ~Robert Schuller
12. "With ordinary talent and extraordinary PERSEVERANCE, all things are attainable." ~Thomas Foxwell Buxton
13. "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale
14. "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to PERSEVERE and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." ~Christopher Reeve
15. "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~Michael Jordan
16. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
17. “Through PERSEVERANCE many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” ~Benjamin Disraeli
18. "There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast withers as rapidly; that which grows slowly endures." ~J.G. Holland
19. "Patience and TENACITY of purpose are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness." ~Thomas Henry Huxley
20. “Never stop pedaling to power your dreams." ~Terri Guillemets
Question for Why Annie Armen Readers:
What methods or techniques do you use to develop perseverance to achieve your long-term goals?
Look forward to reading your comments!
List of Articles and Quotes you may Find of Interest:
1. Did You Say, Can't?
2. 30 Quotes on ACTION in Business and in Life!
3. 20 Quotes on GO FOR IT in Business and in Life!
4. 20 Quotes on COURAGE in Business and in Life!
5. 30 Quotes on ENCOURAGEMENT in Business and in Life!
6. 30 Quotes on COMMITMENT in Business and in Life!
7. Are You Leaving Your AUTHENTIC Mark?
8. When Did s/he Give the Impression s/he Needed Your Advice?
9. That Does it... I've Had Just About Enough of This!