"Today I begin a new life. ...Today, I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all." ~Og Mandino, Author of The Greatest Salesman in the World
8 Quotes from Og's epic book -- The Greatest Salesman in the World...
1. "I will greet this day with LOVE in my heart. ...
a. I will love the ambitious for they can inspire me!
b. I will love the failures for they can teach me.
c. I will love the kings for they are but human;
d. I will love the meek for they are divine.
e. I will love the rich for they are yet lonely;
f. I will love the poor for they are so many.
g. I will love the young for the faith they hold;
h. I will love the old for the wisdom they share.
i. I will love the beautiful for their eyes of sadness;
j. I will love the ugly for their souls of peace. ..."
2. "Today I will pluck grapes of WISDOM from the tallest and fullest vines in the vineyard, for these were planted by the wisest of my profession who have come before me, generation upon generation."
3. "In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits. GOOD HABITS are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which procedeth all others is -- I will form good habits and become their slave."
4. "I will LAUGH at the world. No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of laughter and it is mine to use whenever I choose. Henceforth I will cultivate the habit of laughter."
5. "Today I will multiply my VALUE a hundredfold.
One grain of wheat when multiplied a hundredfold will produce a hundred stalks. Multiply these a hundredfold, ten times, and they will feed all the cities of the earth. Am I not more than a grain of wheat?"
6. "I will act now. Only ACTION determines my value in the market place and to multiply my value, I will multiply my actions. ... When the lion is hungry he eats. When the eagle has thirst, he drinks. Lest they act, both will perish. ... I thirst for happiness and peace of mind. Lest I act I will perish in a life of failure, misery, and sleepless nights. Success will not wait. If I delay she will become betrothed to another and lost to me forever. ... I will act now."
7. "I am here for a PURPOSE and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy."
8. Og Mandino's PRAYER, pay it forward:
"Oh Creator of all things, help me. For this day I go out into the world naked and alone, and without your hand to guide me I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness. ... You have taught the lion and the eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claw. Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love so that I may be a lion among men and an eagle in the market place. ... I am a small and a lonely grape clutching the vine yet thou hast made me different from all others. Verily, there must be a special place for me. Guide me. Help me. Show me the way. Let me become all You planned for me when my seed was planted and selected by You to sprout in the vineyard of the world. Help this humble salesman. Guide me, God."
Dear Why Annie Armen Friends....
May this year produce harvest in every area of your lives, for all the years you have sown loyally with love and commitment. Remember to use your key of COURAGE to step into the new, and with all the chords of your heart, fully embrace "all" that is waiting for you! CHOOSE to make your NEW year volcanic, where every opportunity dares to meet and join forces with your unstoppable abilities!
Do you have a New Year Message you would like to share?
Loving, Inspiring, and Successful New Year Blessings to all!