May you find these select 20 quotes on PERSEVERANCE purposeful and empowering, adding productive value in your lives, both personally and professionally!
Once you’ve had an opportunity to read through all 20 quotes, please take a moment to share your thoughts (in the comments section) to the question posted at the end of this article. Thank You...
1. “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” ~Jacob A. Riis
2. "How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success?" ~Elbert Hubbard
3. “The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.” ~Thomas A. Edison
4. "Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right." ~Walt Disney
5. "KEEP ON GOING, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down." ~Charles Kettering
6. "Patience and PERSEVERANCE have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~John Quincy Adams
7. "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." ~Samuel Johnson
8. "Peak performers want more than merely to win the next game. They see all the way to the championship. They have a long-range goal that inspires commitment and action." ~Charles Garfield
9. "PERSEVERANCE is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~Newt Gingrich
10. "Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." ~Georges-Louis Leclerc
11. "Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." ~Robert Schuller
12. "With ordinary talent and extraordinary PERSEVERANCE, all things are attainable." ~Thomas Foxwell Buxton
13. "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale
14. "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to PERSEVERE and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." ~Christopher Reeve
15. "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~Michael Jordan
16. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
17. “Through PERSEVERANCE many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” ~Benjamin Disraeli
18. "There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast withers as rapidly; that which grows slowly endures." ~J.G. Holland
19. "Patience and TENACITY of purpose are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness." ~Thomas Henry Huxley
20. “Never stop pedaling to power your dreams." ~Terri Guillemets
Question for Why Annie Armen Readers:
What methods or techniques do you use to develop perseverance to achieve your long-term goals?
Look forward to reading your comments!
List of Articles and Quotes you may Find of Interest:
1. Did You Say, Can't?
2. 30 Quotes on ACTION in Business and in Life!
3. 20 Quotes on GO FOR IT in Business and in Life!
4. 20 Quotes on COURAGE in Business and in Life!
5. 30 Quotes on ENCOURAGEMENT in Business and in Life!
6. 30 Quotes on COMMITMENT in Business and in Life!
7. Are You Leaving Your AUTHENTIC Mark?
8. When Did s/he Give the Impression s/he Needed Your Advice?
9. That Does it... I've Had Just About Enough of This!